Girls Varsity Soccer win over Pacheco

Karina Rodriguez, Staff Reporter

The Tiger ladies have had a difficult soccer season. With a new coach, the girls had hoped for a better season then the previous years. Cynthia Hernandez took on the challenge of coaching these ladies to their full potential.

Starting off the soccer season quickly, Coach Cynthia had the girls conditioning over the summer so that as soon as the season started, the girls would be ready. Unfortunately, it seemed to be more difficult than the girls anticipated, losing game after game when the season started.

On January 22, 2020, the girls played against their cross town rivalry the Pacheco High school varsity girls team. This game was the teams first league victory of the year. The ladies battled it out the entire game, staying positive but most of all scoring goals. In the first half of the game, two goals were made by junior Jessica Garcia. Throughout the second half, two more goals were scored by the Tigers: one by Jackie Bangle (12) and Lizbeth Espinoza (12). The Tigers worked very hard for that 4-0 win over the Panthers.

Jessica Garcia said about the team’s first win, “It honestly feels great! We may have our bad days where we lose, but we never give up as a team.”

Garcia continued saying, “What we did as a team differently was that we communicated a lot more and we looked for passes and didn’t give up. I hope that for the rest of the season we win a lot more games. I also hope I never lose touch with all the seniors leaving this year!”

For now the team will stay motivated and hopefully have more wins before the season ends. They believe that as long as they stay focused and work hard, anything is possible together.  They will not give up on each other.