Student Spotlight: Rolan Lawson

Rolan Lawson is a senior this year, preparing for graduation.

Alex Caloca, Staff Reporter

Rolan Lawson is a student here at Los Banos High School and is currently in his Senior year.

He said, “Senior Year is going by so fast, and I’m just trying to make the best of it with my friends and make these last months count while I’m still here.”

Rolan Lawson has played football all four years of high school and played basketball sophomore year.  Currently, he is playing basketball this season. He also excels in school while taking AP classes every year and holding a 4.0 GPA or higher. Lawson said,  “I just want to be the best version of myself that I can be and do whatever helps to be successful after high school.”

Not only is he a student athlete, he also participates during the May Fair here in town. Lawson  has been showing pigs at fair since he was a kid. He said,  “It’s fun building a bond with an animal you spend so much time with even though you have to take time away from being with friends and being home. The experience is worth it, and it sucks it’s coming to an end, but I’m making the best of it.”

When asked, “What would be some piece of advice you would give to all lower class students?” Lawson replied, “I’d tell them to live it up and have fun because these four years really do go by fast although I know they don’t believe it right now because I didn’t believe it at the time. So, yea have fun make the best of it and make memories with friends.”