Tiger Thoughts: Career Fair

Gabriel Ortiz, Staff Reporter

Our school hosted a career fair, featuring many different people with expertise in their own field just to educate the students.

The PawPrint Staff went around asking students about any possible careers they are interested in. Here are some questions asked to the students who attended the career fair during 2nd period and 4th period.

1. What are some careers that you are thinking about?
  2. Are you worried about your future and not having a job / career?
  3. What is the toughest career path you can think of?
  4. What are your thoughts on the career fair at LBHS?

Logan King (12) responded to the first question saying, “Well, I want to be a physical education teacher. That’s really it.”

Jorge Torres (12) quickly answered the first question with, “Um either a Forensic Analyst or Fireman.”

Jorge shortly following up with an answer to the second question saying, “Yeah, I think some people might get scared if they don’t find anything to do.” Then the third question, “I think an oil rig worker would probably be the toughest job.” Finally the fourth, “It’s cool for the freshmen and stuff but repetitive for us seniors.”

Stephanie Gallegos (12) answered the first question with, “There are a couple of careers I’m thinking about. For example, maybe a lawyer, architect, dermatologist, or chief!”

Jasmine Hernandez (11) carefully crafted her answer to the second question saying,”I am very worried about my future because I’m still choosing a topic to focus on. I know I’m going to college but I’m worried about choosing a path and regretting it later on.”

Jamie Prado (9) choose the fourth question saying, ” I think it’s smart for them to come down and help all of us.”

The career fair is an annual thing here at LBHS and it helps students find a pathway in which they can be successful.