And The Award Goes To…

Aileen Rangel, Staff Reporter

Congrats to Vincent Stanford for winning the Congress of Future Scientists and Technologist Award of Excellence! Although Stanford did not apply for this award, his PSAT test scores allowed him to be discovered by people who offer scholarships.   Buzz Aldrin, an American engineer and former astronaut found Stanford and nominated him for being academically successful.

When questioned if he would like to become a scientist or a technologist one day when he grows up, Stanford replied, “I actually do want to pursue a career in science. Not exactly sure of what right now, but I do take interest in computer science.”

Award winner Vincent Stanford, discussed how fun the summer program and how amazing the experience was. He admitted that he wishes the program would have lasted longer. “ One week was not enough time; I wish it would have been a whole month,” he clarified.

From his experience, Vincent mentioned the fact that he made new long-term friends who were amazing and very goal-oriented. The Congress had excellent speakers, and the leaders who were with him and the other students at the program were, as he declared,” exceptional at assisting us and helping us stay focused on our goals.”

Wishing the very best for Vincent Stanford and hoping to keep hearing about his achievements!