Welcome Mr. Frank Leonard to LBHS campus!

Yahir Mondragon Ramirez, Staff reporter

The 2020-21 school year, welcomes a new college prep science teacher, Mr. Frank Leonard.

Mr. Leonard teaches College Prep Biology, and he is enjoying it. He has been in the medical field for 27 years, and he has always enjoyed learning how the human body functions and how it responds to medical and traumatic issues. He earned his Bachelor’s degree at Western Governors University and is currently awaiting enrollment for a Masters program at the same university. He chose this particular college because it was primarily online which was an advantage for him so he could work at his own pace and not interfere with his work schedule.

He also teaches as an Adjunct instructor at Merced College Los Banos Campus.  He currently teaches the EMT course, and has had opportunities to teach Fire Science. Mr. Leonard has always enjoyed teaching throughout his career in public safety. He has trained new firefighters, EMTs and paramedics who worked in various capacities and with different degrees of experience.

In 2007 he married his wife who was a teacher.  Helping her in her classroom really sparked his interest to do the same. In 2015 he was given the opportunity to teach the EMT program for Merced College Los Banos Campus, and he realized that teaching was what he wanted to do. 

Mr. Leonard enjoys many things about Los Banos High school such as his memories as a student here, staff being welcoming, supportive staff, being comforting to him as a new teacher. He also brings many things to the Los Banos High campus such as his life experiences and many things based on his career. He is very passionate about his work and is very good at establishing positive relationships with students and parents.

Mr. Leonard states he is “truly blessed to have a great family.” He has his wife Renee who has always been his biggest supporter no matter what life throws at him as well as his family. He has two daughters, Gloria who is 17 and currently a senior here at LBHS and Addison who is 10 and is a fifth grader at Westside Union Elementary.

Some fun facts about Mr. Leonard are that he enjoys spending time with his family, going to church, hiking, riding bikes, cooking, duck hunting, and building things. 

Welcome to Los Banos High School, Mr. Frank Leonard!