New Year’s Resolutions Set by Students

Julian Delgadillo, Staff Reporter

Since it is the start of the a new year it comes with its changes. Many people want to change their way of being, some  want to change something about themselves. People set their goals at the beginning of the year so they can achieve it within the new year.

According to PsychologicalToday.com, ¨Goals mean clarity,¨ and ¨Goals give us meaning.¨ Goals give people a vision they can all imagine and work towards. They give life a direction. Goals are the desire to better ourselves or better our life, this is why many people set New Year’s Resolutions.

Some examples of New Year’s Resolutions are as simple as ¨Using sunscreen more,¨ or ¨Be nice and kind.”  Some resolutions focus on something more meaningful like ¨To take better care of my mental health and overall well being,¨ or ¨Keep a stable relationship with friends and significant others.¨

Several students shared their resolutions with the yearbook staff.  They are as follows:

Malia Urzua said, ¨My New Years Resolution is to lose weight, do all of my homework and get a job.¨

Larry Rosales stated, ¨To get accepted into the colleges I applied to.¨

Daniela Azevedo stated, ¨My New Year’s Resolution is to learn a new skill or hobby.¨

Jasmine Magadan said, ¨My New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight and stay healthy.¨

New Years can come in many variations depending on what personal goals you might have for yourself.   Which one will you set for the new year?