Homecoming: Done Differently

” I am glad we have a big-ish event that we can have a feature on!”

Brandon Velazquez, Staff reporter

All students miss hanging out with their friends.  LBHS is always looking for ways to bring students together safely.  Now students have the opportunity to see classmates, administration, and teachers this week at the Homecoming Dance Drive Thru at the Loftin Stadium on February 25 at 5:30 to 6:30.

The homecoming event is going to be in the form of a drive thru, which means cars can drive past the stationary mini floats.  Community members  are encouraged  to come by and see all of the hard work the clubs and classes have put together. The theme for this year’s event is Disney and Pixar. This year needed something light and uplifting, and according to ASB members, Disney and Pixar radiates fun and positivity.

Each grade level and club were asked to choose a Disney or Pixar movie.  Once the theme was approved, they were given instructions to  make a mini booth/float that represent their chosen movies. The specific clubs and classes that will be there  are 9-12  grade class, ASB, Anime, CSF, DECA, Choir, GSA, LULAC, Gaming Club, BSU, Drama Club, FFA, and 9-11 grade princes and princesses and the senior King and Queen.

This is one of the biggest events during the normal school year, and staff members hope it will be just as popular this year.”We hope the community comes together and shows their support for our kids, and that our kids have not had a normal school year this year, and this event is something that they all need,” ASB advisor Mrs. Carruth stated.

The King and Queen nominees are Andrew Lonnon and Karina Rodriguez, Larry Rosales and Samantha Hogan and lastly, Angel Martinez and Alany Madrigal.  Students voted using a Google form to determine the king and queen winners.

And last to finish the event, there will be a vote for the favorite class float and a favorite club float. Through a google form students and staff will have access to the voting form that will provide photos of each float. Participants are asked to vote for the favorites.