Creative Writing Club Spooks Your Socks Off

The Halloween season has come, and the Los Banos Creative Writing Club is having their fundraiser of the year. Members of the club are selling, Spooky Stems, black flowers to purchased for that special someone. Small flowers are $3.00 and large flowers are $5.00. 

The fundraiser helps the club with their trip to the annual Young Writers Conference at Fresno State. This conference is an opportunity for students to submit creative writing pieces to the conference to be published in the youth journal, “Spectrum.”   The journal contains pieces from previous students.

The Creative Writing Club is an open club dedicated to having students write their own pieces of work based on their own interests. Genres can vary from fiction, creative non-fiction, and poetry. Students are also given opportunities to perform their own work to an audience in the form of an open mic this Friday, October 27 in the library.

The Creative Writing Club is a friendly club for newcomers who are interested to write and share with people.  The club adviser, Mrs. DeGough said, “My one goal is to have more students drafting and publishing pieces of creative writing.”

Mrs. DeGough is a strong advocate for creative pieces. She said, “I’m passionate about writings of all kinds, especially creative non-fiction and poetry. So, I love meeting students who are interested in these genres. I also like helping students see themselves as writers and get their work published.”

The Creative Writing Club is run by President Stephanie Galvan.  If you are interested in joining the Creative Writing Club, see Mrs. DeGough in room 33.